Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SB. Day 7.

The discovery was made this morning that the girls have been "peeking" at the Fun Activities board. Little monkeys. But I guess at their age I'd probably have been up to the same sort of monkey business.

Today, compared to yesterday with all its cleaning and chores, was a fun day. We had an early lunch at Timmy's, where rolling up the rims was almost as exciting as drinking the hot chocolate itself. Miss Pris won herself a free coffee. Miss Lannie and I... nada.

Then we met up with some friends at the Wave Pool for a two-hour soak.

And yes, I had to don a swimsuit.
I know. Not my idea of public attire.
Mad dashes were made to and from the change rooms.
And the water and the waves helped to hide a multitude of sins.

But I did it for the sake of the kids, seven in all, who had a blast, running back and forth between the waterslides and the wave pool. My feeble attempt at photographing these excited and energetic creatures failed miserably. Hence the lack of pictures. But I'd say fun was had by all. Even the fat lady in the swimsuit, hiding in the pool.

I decided that, as well as doing fun activities with the girls, we could maybe read through the book of Jonah together. So we began this morning, reading through the first chapter, then discussing what we could learn from Jonah trying to run away from God. He wanted to hide because he disobeyed, didn't he? Thought the men on the ship would never know what he was up to. But God exposed him. And weren't the two little girlies in our house trying to hide the fact that they were peeking on the Activity Sheet? Aye-yi-yi. Disobedience, just like Jonah. Be sure your sin will find you out.

Then I tried to recall the song I was taught as a little girl about Jonah running away. Of course, I could only remember the chorus. I think it goes something like this:

"Run away, run away! Oh poor Jonah, you can never run away!
You'll be lost without a doubt, and your sin will find you out,
Oh poor Jonah, you can never run away!"

Little sister, if you know the words from the verses, email them to me. Pretty please.

There were also some interesting interpretations from our reading in chapter one. Pretty sure you won't find these in any of the expositional books written by well-respected Bible theologians.

"Casting lots" means to throw lots and lots of things into the water.
"A tempest" is the guy who owns the temple.

There you go. Hope you had a little laugh for the day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I nearly spit out my Oreo when I read your girls' creative definitions of Biblical terms. Very, very funny!

Maria Ramsay said...

Can your girls teach my Sunday School class? I'm sure they would see eye to eye with my students. You just NEVER know what's going to come out...

Very funny.