Lemon. And me, being, of course, the lemon-lover that I am, was immediately drawn. With coconut. Aaah. A combo that makes me dream of warm beaches and waving palms.
So tonight I was compelled to whip up this new-found concoction. And it's a keeper for sure.
Here's the recipe. Don't shortcut on the glaze. Seriously. I actually doubled it. Sssh. Enjoy!
LEMON COCONUT MUFFINS
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of 2 medium sized lemons, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra coconut for topping
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream together softened butter, and sugar. Stir in egg, lemon zest, and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, 3/4 cup coconut, baking powder, and salt.
- Add creamed mixture into dry ingredients and stir only until combined.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin cups.
- Top with extra coconut.
- Bake in 375º oven for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze over warm muffins.