Sunday, December 19, 2010

School's Out!

Woohoo.

The concert rehearsals, choir practices and class parties are finally done.

At least until next year.

So... we stayed up late Friday night to celebrate the beginning of Christmas break. And if you can believe it, the all-day-sugar-high kept the girls going until 12:30am, so no shortage of time to play a few rounds of Rummy-O, watch a Christmas movie, and even lose a tooth!

And just to clarify, Miss Kay lost the tooth, not me. Yeah, I know I've joined the ranks of the Middle Ages, but thankfully I'm not losing teeth just yet.

Then as if that wasn't enough, we had to make a huge mess and decorate our annual Gingerbread House.


 Haha, looks like Alana's wearing a halo. Trust me, she wears no halo.


This year's gingerbread house is lookin' a whole lot better than last year's attempt.

Great pains were taken to meticulously place all those little red balls.


And finally this past Tuesday, setting anticipation aside, we celebrated the arrival of Kyle and Ally from Nicaragua. I can't begin to describe the sheer delight when this brother and sister-in-law showed up on the doorstep. You MUST have heard Alana and Kayleigh disturbing the whole neighbourhood?!

The rest of the family came to visit too. Good times. We are blessed.


Definitely by all counts, he's one of the best looking missionaries I know.
I'm biased, you say.
Of course I'm biased, but you'd agree with me, wooden ya!?


Jessica. Ally. Me.
I've inherited a variety of names around here.
Sue. Mama Bear. Mother Teresa. MIL.
And a few others that we'll just say can go without mention.


The oldest and the youngest. Love them both.


And last but not least... Funny Face and the lovely Steph.

1 comment:

Janna said...

Yay - it finally worked - I can leave a comment! :)
Your girls are growing up so much... love the gingerbread house! And enjoy having all your family home together - MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :) x0x