Friday, December 10, 2010

The Return of the Blogger.

Hello. I'm back.

Five days of concentrated learning on the intriguing topic of ASD. Phew. I did it. Made it through a whole week of being a student in the classroom! But now I find I'm pschyo-analyzing myself. And thinking I may possess some borderline behavorial deficits.  Oh-oh. I guess I always knew I had something. Nice that I can finally define it with an abundance of technical and scientific terminology! Lol. An interesting week it was. But certainly a truckloadful of information for an old lady like me to process.

Unfortunately, I also had some sad news to process this week. On Tuesday, my mom was diagnosed with a terminal disease. Never the post-surgery update that one expects to hear, but this time, my family and I were the ones on the receiving end of such a report. So in a few words, it's been a difficult week... six thousand miles away, unable to physically embrace those loved ones so dear to my heart. Tough. I've been doing plenty of praying. Praying that, whether here or there, we each will rest in the promise of His immeasurable presence, as He walks with us through the days ahead. Whatever they may hold.

On the long drive to school this morning, I watched as the dawning colors of daylight gently displaced the darkness. The black sky metamorphosed through varying shades of blue, and the rising sun airbrushed the clouds with glowing hues of pink and gold. It was a stunning panorama of God's handiwork. Eyes back on the road, ahead there was nothing but the gray blur of another dull morning. As I made the visual switch back and forth, it hit me how it was so much more peaceful to look up, than to look straight ahead! And how infinitely better it is to depend on God, rather than man.

"My times are in Thy hand." Psalms 31:15

My times are in Thy hand - my God, I wish them there,
My life, my friends, my all - I leave entirely to Thy care.

My times are in Thy hand, whatever they may be,
Pleasing or painful, dark or bright, as best may seem to Thee.

No comments: