Friday, July 16, 2010

DAY 12.

Aaaaaah. My internet addiction is receiving some therapy at last!

I'm at John and Joanne's place, where I have unlimited high-speed, so I'm in my element.

I just uploaded some pictures from the past several days.

The papusas were so-so. Not saying that I particularly disliked them, but they were edible enough. A little "cornmeally" for my palate. Guess if I had to eat them, I could get used to the taste. But it was fascinating to watch them being prepared, beginning with cornmeal dough, flattened to a perfect circle, insides of beans and pork and cheese and rice added, formed into a ball, flattened again and pinched to seal the edges, all completed in a matter of seconds. They were then fried on a huge, black, cast-iron grill, and served with cabbage salad and a tomato-like sauce on top. El Salvadorians eat these with their fingers, but, honestly, with my British instincts, I just couldn't hack that. Had to use the cutlery.

Girls are doing great... no sickness or other major complaints so far, for which we are very thankful. We're loving hanging out at John/Joanne's place, where the girls enjoy Rebekah's company, so it's fun for them to be together. And there's plenty of toys to amuse around here. Like the poor poodle, who will most certainly need therapy to recover from all the jostling she has received at the hands of Alana and Kayleigh.



Here's a shot from our time in Barcelo... a little too much sun, d'ya think??!!

No comments: