Friday, August 5, 2016

Five Years.

Five years ago today, Mom left this world for her eternal home.
It seems like it was only yesterday that I sat by her bedside, her hand in mine, listening as she tried to sing, and watching as she smiled through her last few moments here on earth.

Memories, still so very real, and still so very precious.



Last month was my first visit back to Belfast since Mom's passing. Plenty of changes have happened since then, but I wasn't prepared for how much I would actually miss her presence in the family home.

Psalm 90 is the Bible chapter that speaks about the frailty of our lives and the shortness of our days on earth. In contrast to the holy everlastingness of God. But verse 14 is what my Mom lived out in this world. She spent every day reading His word and she truly loved her Lord. And I saw the joy in her life, even at the end as she lay helpless... joy, as she breathed her last and entered the courts of heaven.

 Satisfy us in the morning with Your steadfast love,
that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14

No comments: