Saturday, January 7, 2012

Hello 2012.

Hello 2012. Hard to believe 2011 is gone.

Reflecting, I am thankful for so much. Family time. Visits from friends. A trip to Disneyland. Being Mother-Of-The-Groom for a third time. Wow. Quite the résumé I have, these days!

But it was also a tough year. Sprinklings of grief and pain. Tradegy. Loss. Yet the Lord drew near in these circumstances, and reaffirmed my absolute need to depend on Him. He is the Mighty God. My constantly-abiding Comforter. The Prince of Peace. So I embrace this New Year with the promise of His never-failing love. And the Hope of His Coming.

I prefer not to burden myself with the whole concept of "resolutions" every New Year. It's a given that the new side of my leaf has a strong tendency to flip its old side right back over again in no time at all. Of course, there is plenty about my livelihood that should be addressed. Definitely a need for addition of some things, and the immediate subtraction of others. So... I'll keep you posted.

It was a relaxed and lazy Christmas break. So relaxed and lazy, in fact, that getting up early and back into routine this week was nothing short of a challenge. But it was good to be back in the classroom, back to lessons and learning. And wonderful to see all those sweet-faced little students again, reciprocating their delight at seeing me too. For this week, at least!

And it's only nine weeks until Spring Break. Oh yeah.

No comments: