Sunday, January 29, 2012

Announcement.

Funny how the passage of life seems to be an accumulation of family titles. My ship has dropped anchor at several ports since I first set sail as a "Newborn". "Kid", "Teen", "Adult", "Auntie", "Wife".

"Mother". Been docked here for a while now. And I'm still standing starboard, even though this parenting at times feels like I'm riding the waves out in the wide open sea, in the middle of a hurricane.

Now it seems 2012 is destined to land me in a brand new harbour.

Ahoy, Grandma Bay.



First little grandbaby expected by K&A is due in July.

C&J's will join the clan a few weeks later in August.





We're all absolutely thrilled at the prospect of new babies in our family. They bring so much joy and delight. This Christmas 2012 will certainly be different when we all get together with two babies on the premises! And hopefully with one little'un each, there'll be much less fracas between Alana and Kayleigh.

Despite all the excitement, I must admit I'm still a little reluctant about this whole idea of attaining the "granny" pseudonym.

Maybe, between now and the summer, we'll come up with a more youthful designation!

7 comments:

Cathie said...

E.X.C.I.T.I.N.G ~ I know you will enjoy every moment of those new babies ~ and congrats to the couples!

Carolyn said...

Wow I didn't know Cam and Jess were also expecting! So exciting! What a great year for the Wilson clan :)

Carolyn said...

Ps - my mum is called 'nana' instead of grandma. She said it sounds less 'old' haha.

Susanne said...

I like that, Carolyn. Nana definitely sounds "less old"!!

Janna said...

I LOVE this post!!!! Such great news after our Christmas conversation... I guess you likely knew then! :) :) Congratulations Sue & Stew... Cam & Jessica and Kyle and Allison! So much fun on the way!
I bet the girls are beyond thrilled.... :)

Vicki said...

So cool. Love this. You may be grandma and grandpa soon, but to me you're just best friends Suze and Stu. Never old and always there. Love you guys.

Momnextdoor said...

Oh!!! Congratulations!! How wonderful. Grandparents get younger and more cool these days! :) xo