Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Tree's Up!

It's a tradition at our house.
Putting up the tree on the evening of Remembrance Day.


You see, several years ago, we bought our Christmas tree on November 11th. This Douglas Fir Pre-lit special was on sale at Costco. And we had to have it.

Or rather, I had to have it.
I'm like that.
Sometimes.

At the check-out that day, the lovely sales clerk said: "Be sure to put your tree together when you get home and make sure the lights come on. Because if you wait until December to put it up and it doesn't work, there won't be any stock left for an exchange."

She was a smart sales clerk, she was.
You find them these days, every now and then.
Just not often enough.

And that's exactly what we did when we got our new tree home. We put it up. And despite the lovely sales clerk's warning, every one of those little lights twinkled. In fact, the tree looked so pretty, that I couldn't bring myself to put it all back in the box until December.

Since then, our tree goes up November 11th. Two eager little elves are always ready to help. We turn up the Christmas carols, sing at the top of our lungs and... well, make a big mess.

But we make big happy, memories too.


Winter hat. Summer freckles. Cutest littlest Santa's elf ever. Love, love, love her.


There it is. Plugged in, adorned, and ready for presents. Doesn't it look "terrifical"?

Terrifical, as in "Ramona and Beezus".
Great family movie, by the way.
If you haven't watched it yet, you should.
Funny. Oh yeah. It's so guts funny!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Beautiful! We need to visit soon by the way. We almost randomlystopped at your place the other day to say hi :)

Susanne said...

Oh my. Alana and I were just chatting TWO days ago and saying that we need to have you guys over! So.. let's pick a night! Email me, k?

Vicki said...

I miss you so much Suze. Sometimes I want to just hop on a plane and come see your tree. It looks beautiful!!! Give my love to the girlies and Stew. Talk to you soon.

Kristina said...

I ADORED Ramona and Beezus. And very cute story, about your tradition. Thanks for sharing!