Sunday, November 6, 2011

Fall Back.

Last night we packed the girls off to bed at their regular time, and didn't bother explaining Daylight Saving Time, and the clocks going back an hour.

This morning I was still in bed at 8 o'clock when Miss Kayleigh came knocking on my bedroom door. Alarmed, she said,

"Mom, you slept in. Did you know it's 9 o'clock already?"

And that's when I filled her in.

Downstairs, Miss Alana met Daddie in the kitchen, who began explaining the whole deal with the hour going back, meaning that she had gotten to sleep for an extra hour last night.

Always the inquisitive one, the next thing she wanted to know if the time would go ahead again. Not until Spring 2012, she was told.

"Wow." she said. "That's gonna be a lot of weeks that we get to sleep in."

Don't we all wish it worked that way!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Maybe Stu could come over and explain daylight savings to Noah? ;)

Emily said...

I like Alana's thinking! :)

Sheryl Payne said...

Hey Sue, I didn't know you had a blog. I haven't read too far back, but I will enjoy getting caught up with your family:) I got a good chuckle at Alana's view of daylight savings. Enjoy your day, Love ya xo
Sheryl