Monday, November 21, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like..

Last Thursday night, the phone rang. It was my neighbour, Waldo, calling.

"Hey. There's snow outside." she said.

I peeked through the blinds.
Squinted into the darkness.
Sure enough.
It was snowing all right.
A true-to-form, wet and soggy, Vancouver snowfall.

The resident eavesdroppers burst into sudden squeals of excitement.
On went the hats. Out went the girls.



I ventured out into the elements only twice. And it wasn't to play.
Firstly, for the sole purpose of taking a couple of pictures. As you can see.


Secondly, to provide Frosty's adornments. He was recreated. Amazingly enough.
Since there honestly wasn't more than a centimetre of la neige.

I love how my kids are so appropriately attired. We have a full range of snowsuits and cold-weather boots, believe it or not.

They stayed out for an hour. By then, they were sufficiently damp and bath-worthy. And more than ready for fresh-baked cookies and steaming mugs of hot chocolate.

Now THAT'S a yummy bedtime snack.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Mmm... Now I want fresh baked cookies a d hot chocolate!

Emily said...

That's an impressive snowman, especially given the sparse snow! Come on over to CT once we get a few inches, and your girls can give my girls a snowman-building lesson. :)