Sunday, April 3, 2011

SB. Day 10.

Sad to report, SB Day 10 did not materialize. Oh the day and the date came and went, yes, but so far as Fun Activities for Spring Break? Didn't happen.

Disobedience on the previous evening meant that both priveleges were forfeited. Shame. No bus ride to the mall. No lunch at the restaurant.

Wasn't like I didn't warn them.

But they sure were miffed with me. Drove me crazy all day Friday.

"Mom, I'm bored."
"Mom, can we please go to the mall on the bus?"
"Mom, I'm hungry."
"Mom, there's nothin' to do."

But they were left with their own imaginations, because I had plenty to do. Began by decluttering our walk-in closet. Filled a garbage bag full of unwanted clothing and a second garbage bag full of junk. Washed down the walls and the baseboard trim. Reorganized my existing garment collection. Then I invaded the bedroom. Repositioned the furniture. Looks nice, differently arranged. Even Stew was pleased with it. Just hope I don't get up from my beauty sleep one of these nights and mistake the dresser for the bathroom door.

Monday the girls go back to school.

I have one more day, this one ALL to myself, before I return to work on Tuesday

But the laundry is calling. The washer woman's work around here is never done.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Disobedience? Are you sure? Surely you misinterpreted...