Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend.

Our Easter weekend was likely spent very different from most.

No spring gardening for us. No easter egg hunts.

Just three full days of Bible Conference. I was challenged again on living my life for the Lord. Sang praises of thanksgiving for a risen Saviour. Enjoyed the solemn gospel messages and appreciated my salvation anew. Listened intently to scriptural intrepretations from Ephesians 1 and 2.

Indeed. And I'm still wondering if I'm any the wiser. Elect? Maybe. Chosen? Maybe.

But saved? Absolutely! This I know for sure! Because of a moment in time when I realized that I was a sinner, and in faith simply accepted the Lord Jesus as my Saviour, I know I am going to heaven. The Word of God says,

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:32

Are you saved? Can you say that you know for sure?

My weekend was also filled with family and friends. A surprise visit from Allison. Home for a few days from Nicaragua to visit her ailing grandmother. Although sorry for her sadness, I was delighted for the lovely daughter-in-law hugs that came my way. I also got to catch up with some faraway friends that I haven't seen in a long time. L.o.n.g. time. Welcomed the latest newborns too, with their cooing and smiling that melted my heart. A few folks, I also noticed, were sporting some new grey hairs. And wrinkles too. Oh, don't worry. Because I'm pretty sure my abundance of both didn't go unnoticed.

Enjoy our collage of memories from Easter 2011.










No comments: