Monday, April 18, 2011

Hello Again.

Been gone from here. For a while.

Sorry.

Guess life got a little busy. An unexpected deluge of running hither and yon, slowly crossing off items on my never-ending To-Do list... on which, I reluctantly confess, blogging appears to be ranked mighty low. Huh. Who would've thought?!

Too much stuff swirling in my head has put me in a tizzy.

I know that. Because one morning when I was warming up my coffee, I put the mug in the fridge and the half-and-half in the microwave. Thank goodness I caught myself before I took a swig of steamed Creamo.

Maria, do they sell Creamo in CT yet?

But, I think at this point, I'm gingerly crawling out of the tunnel. So, here's a few sane updates from the last few days.

1. Supper at the Olive Garden.

Failing, after several attempts, to acquire a babysitter for last Friday night, Stew and I concluded that we'd have to take the little ladies along with us on our dinner date to the Olive Garden. So much for uninterrupted conversation.

But, mmmm, how I love that place. Been forever and a day since I've eaten there. And boy, have I missed those warm, garlic breadsticks, and crunchy vinaigrette salad. And the tingle-your-tongue Chicken Marsala. Yum. Eee.


This was a first for the girlies at the Olive Garden, where the food definitely seemed to tickle their palates. And besides revelling in the excitement of a new dining experience, I think they thoroughly enjoyed getting in on Mom's and Dad's "dinner date".

Haha. I say, give them a few years.


2. Les Trois Petits Cochons.

The AIM French program seems to be a huge success at school. Amazes me how the girls can so easily memorize words and phrases with perfect pronounciation, while Mama here, even after six years of school French, can barely recall one tenth of what I once knew! A few words are slowly digging themselves out of the deep recesses of my memory, though, thanks to Histoires En Action regularly booming from my laptop.

We went to see Miss Alana who, alongside some of her co-Grade-4s, performed their French version of The Three Little Pigs. What awesome talent! So proud of you all! Truly "fantastique"!


With all the huffing and puffing, though, I was convinced they were going to serve the audience some delicious French cake at the end of the show.

Turns out I was mistaken.

Apparently, "je vais souffler votre maison" does not mean "soufflé on the house".

3. Spring is teasing us.

Last few days have been bright and sunny. Still enduring a few of those April Showers, but the May Flowers are gracing us with their presence. And gently lifting our droopy, wintered spirits.


Snapped this picture of the little ladies this morning on school premises.

Don't you love these cherry blossom trees? We anxiously wait for them to bloom every year, and their bountiful splendor never disappoints us. Wedding trees, we call them, and relish in their short-lived beauty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to Olive Garden in forever.. my hubby used to be a waiter there so he doesn't like to go really. I loved the comment about the "souffle on the house" made me laugh so hard! I have forgotten most of my elementary school french.. glad all is well!

Emily said...

I also took six years of French in school, and I too would have expected to eat cake at the end of the performance. The verb "souffler" didn't quite make it into my vocabulary in any other form! :)