Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Responsibilities.

R and R...

Pardon me for hoping I would be able to wake up every morning and kick back. You know, get away with doing the bare minimum in the six weeks of vacation time I have left. Uh... no. The children and the canine and the chores are still waking up every morning too.

Been walking the dog every day. The exertion of a short walk plus the hot weather are seemingly doing her in. Here she is, post-stroll. Mighty uncomfortable way to sleep, if you ask me.

 
On to the children. If only they were as easily tired as Miss Bella! Yesterday they spent three hours swimming at a local pool with a couple of friends. They were crinkled up like raisins, but apparently all that water time did nothing in the way of zapping their energy. 
 

 
A little friend slept over. Why in the world are they called sleepovers, when all they seem to do is stay up half the night and do everything but sleep! I'm bracing myself for dealing with a couple of Crankies later on today. Early to bed is on the agenda tonight, even though it's the middle of summer. Because the old lady didn't get her beauty sleep last night either!
 
The chores are ongoing. And I'm guessing you really aren't interested in hearing about those.

No comments: