Saturday, May 14, 2011

Summer Surprise.

I don't know about where you live, but where I live we've had nothing but rain, rain and more rain. There's not much sign of Summer. These chilly, cloudy days are dragging on too long. Even if you're not a pessimist like me, I think this weather would bring out the pessimistic side in just about anybody.

On the flip side of this dreary coin, and to the optimist who is my husband, the grass is green and growing. Really green and growing. The pink blossoms have popped out on our apple trees and despite our back yard being pretty soggy, it looks rather lush and healthy.

But with this cold Spring we've had, I'm sure the fruit season here will be way behind. (Sorry. The pessimist in me wrote that.) I guess apple pie at Christmas will be just fine. (I think that was my realistic side.)

Outdoor play has been pretty limited too. But this week the girls and their buddies needed some outside fun. Look at them. All smiles. They certainly don't seem to feel the cold like I do.

Blonde friends. Bike friends. Best friends.

Front yard camping. One way to stay dry outdoors!

Or the alternative is to stay inside.
Bake with mom.
Enjoy summer and winter together.
With a warm chocolate banana muffin and a glass of cold milk.

May 14th means there's six more weeks of school. Real and unreal at the same time. Real in that I am really looking forward to the break. Unreal that this school year is almost concluded. Really, where did it go?

Which takes us to Summer. And where to spend our vacation.

With neither Nicaragua nor Ireland being on our agenda this year, we decided to book a surprise trip to a destination where three of us had not been before. Here are the girlies, receiving the breaking news.


Woo hoo! Disneyland! You can see that Miss Alana, ever the Smart One, kinda figures it all out part-way through. And funny moment when Kayleigh the Patient Sidekick gets whacked in the head. But I think you can tell they are pretty excited about this trip!

Enjoy the video. Because is took almost all day to upload it.

And I sure hope our five days in the California sunshine won't be the only summer we get this year!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I loved the video - the anticipation was palpable! And I'm so glad I finally got to "see" your girls. :)

Carolyn said...

Oh my word I am SO excited for you guys! Its the happiest place on earth!!!