Monday, May 9, 2011

Canucks Frenzy.

Well, we've moved on from the excitement and thrill of the Royal Wedding. The newlyweds now appear to be living a quiet existence, after more than a billion viewers watched them walk the aisle at the Abbey just over a week ago.
Sharp contrast to the handful of locals who watched Kate last Friday walking the aisle at the Waitrose grocery store in Anglesey.

She looked every bit like one of the them.

Black pumps. Skinny jeans. White V-neck.

Well, I must say it's the first time I've ever seen a Duchess pushing a shopping cart.

Good on ya, Katie!


Now we have a new TV focus. Hello Stanley Cup. Hockey Play-Offs. And most of these games, especially those involving the Canucks, are dominating our telly.

For some of our clan, this is a monumental event. A time when it's pretty much considered a cardinal offence to miss even a minute of a televised Canucks game.

Me? Well, I may be Canadian, but I'm not really an avid hockey fan. Just sort of caught up in the thrill of it all.

Which of late hasn't been so thrilling, has it?

I would say, though, that if you're intending to see any of our beloved VanCans score a goal this season, you won't want to miss a millisecond of game viewing.

At the rate they're getting that puck into the net... be sure to take your pee-breaks during intermission.

One thing is true.

Alana and Kayleigh are much more informed on many aspects of this topic of Hockeyology than me. Embarrassing.

Hooking, holding, hand passing? I honestly can't tell the difference when it comes to hockey offenses. I recognize that a player is punished for breaking rules. Fair enough. It's all relative. I operate on that principle with my players too. Heehee.

But as much as I detest dealing with bad behaviour in my domain, I actually quite enjoy seeing it happen on the ice. The bad boys are sent to the Penalty Box. Zoom in on Sully and Force. The notorious Green Men.

And aren't they comicial, with their fan handstands, funny signs and wacky attempts to engage the opposition in the Penalty Box.

Ugly lycrasuits? Yup.

But innovative humour? Absolutely!


Here's another entertaining aspect... Mr Highlight of the Coaches Corner.


I usually like to tune in for Don and Ron. Not that I'm the least bit interested in their hockey opinion, but I do like to see what is the latest and greatest in the land of Don Cherry Suits. Nothing says Gerber Daisies like the ensemble in the photo above. What daises have to do with hockey I have no idea, but I can count on a chuckle from those get-ups. Every time!

But aside from all the Play-Offs Funnies, I'm kinda hoping the Canucks pull through. They need one more win against those Predators to get them to the next round. Can they do it?

Maybe tonight's game will prove they can.

No comments: