Saturday, February 11, 2012

Top O' The Mornin' Food.

Despite extensive googling, I haven't been able to find a local retailer who imports the 'Irish potater bread' that I grew up on. I have devoured unlimited amounts of it every time I've travelled back to the Old Country. Have even attempted making it on several occasions, based on a recipe from a good Irish friend. But, it just never really turned out.

My realization is, I wasn't adding enough flour. When I was a little girl, my mother used to say, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." And boy, am I glad I gave this another try!

Look at that. Fresh from the pan. Just needs a dollop of butter. Yum.





See this little chickie?
She l.o.v.e.s. potato bread.
Do you see that stash in the ziploc?
That's for her Recess snack tomorrow.
She'll warm it in the classroom microwave.
And eat it, with her pre-packaged ration of butter.

Personally, I think it tastes almost as good as the Ormo.
Almost.




Just doesn't make for very good diet food. Nope. Way-hay too many carbs.

There is, so there is.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

So I'm drooling! YUMMY!! Recipe?
Love Carolyn x