Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Holidays.

Been busy lately, doin' nothin'. You know the feeling? Great, isn't it? Holidays are the best. Especially Christmas holidays. And especially after all the busyness lately, running hither and yon.

Five reasons why I so looked forward to these first few days of the break:

1. No rising at the "dark-hour".
Although rising at the "dreary-hour" seems to be the only alternative these days. But at least I get to stay inside and bask in the warmth of my cozy house. And stay in my pajamas too.

2. No dealing with Miss Misery.
My darling child, who apparently detests being awakened to the sound of her alarm clock so early in the morning. Can't always blame the alarm clock, though. The misery shows up plenty of other times too.

3. No packing lunches.
Most of which I seemingly unpack at the end of the day anyway. No fair.

4. No dashing madly off to work.
Chugging my morning coffee from the Contigo, and diplomatically asking my children if they have remembered everything that they have probably forgotten. Right. I'm usually screamin' at 'em.

5. No school stuff.
Which translates into no homework, no checklists, no notices, no reviews, no signatures, no study notes, no memory verses, no teacher emails.

This morning I crawled out of bed at quarter past eight.
Brewed some Starbucks.
Sorted the mounds of laundry and threw in a load of wash.

Then I sat by the fire, with my mug of coffee and a couple of home-baked pumpkin scones.


Aaaaaaah. The current life of Me. Which hopefully lasts for at least a few more days.

And you'll be delighted that I shared a picture of my breakfast, and not the piles of dirty laundry.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ahhh sounds divine. Noah had me up at 600am!

Janna said...

haha... #4 cracked me up. I can totally hear you saying that. IT was sooooo good to see you guys today! Thanks :) :) :)