Friday, September 10, 2010

Created BY Him and FOR Him.

At All-School Chapel yesterday, our new Head of School spoke from 2 Timothy 1:9 about the believer's royal (holy) calling. He stressed that each of us need to be saved and then as christians, we each have a duty to "fulfill the works of Christ" in our lives. He said that we each have been created unique, and emphasized that if we could get a hold of the fact that I have been created EXACTLY the way God intended, then I would no longer wish to be like anyone else. How startlingly true that we so often wish and try to be like others.

Part of my daily reading this morning was Proverbs 8. The first few verses paint a beautiful picture of Christ, as Wisdom, speaking to us. Having Wisdom is much more precious than having gold and silver. Then verse 22 begins:

"The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: while as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: when he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: when he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth.
Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men."

In the beginning, the Lord's delights were with the sons of men. Before the earth was created... before the light was separated from the darkness... before the seas and the dry land... before the mountains and hills were established... the Lord rejoiced in saving ME. ME, just the way that I am. He endured the cross and despised the shame, all for the joy of MY salvation. I was in His plan. In the beginning.

How beautiful, that the One who was Creator of the world would become the Saviour of it!

And if He delighted in saving "me", should not "I" delight in loving and living for Him?

No comments: