Thursday, June 30, 2016

Birthday Madness.

Looks like it's becoming a tradition in our house to celebrate the girls' summer birthdays early. Why not party it up with your classmates before school's out, and they decide to exit the city?!
 
Big Sister is 15 years old now, (did I just say FIFTEEN?) and the Little Sister will chalk up 14 in just a few more weeks. Seriously. Please tell me I'm not getting older as fast as they are?!
 
First celebration with this loud and crazy crew, on June 4th.
 

Love all of these girlies. Have watched them grow up together since Kindergarten. Sigh.
 
  
 
And then we had this gang over on the 17th. Who exceeded "loud" on all levels. And thought nothing of dipping into the pool at 8:00pm, when temperatures had dropped below 20 degrees. Brrrr.


 Happy Birthday to these two girls of mine.
 
Life with them has been a pretty smooth ride so far. The teenage stage, though, has certainly presented itself with some amusing little bends in the road. Gone are the days when they were convinced I knew everything, wore precisely what I asked, and went to bed long before I did.
 
Now they mostly chuckle at my old-fashioned ways, and embarrassing inability to keep abreast of the world's latest and greatest. And snicker loudly when I recently needed to be told that "the dab", similar to its predecessor "the nae nae", is in fact, a dance move, not a superhero stance. Who knew?!

No comments: