Friday, December 27, 2013

Day Two.

Highlight of the day was meeting several locals who seemed genuinely grateful to receive the John 3:16 Bible text. Praying that they will seek the One who offers them everlasting life.

Lowlight of the day was being charged by a dog. Totally took me by surprise when he darted out from some cars parked in the driveway of a home about to receive a Seedsowers package. I managed to quickly back up to safety, merely a foot from the end of his chain, while he snarled and barked sheer terror at me. Phew. Was a whole lot more cautious of parked cars and dogs after that.

We finished distribution in our local area, so set out for the foothills, about a half hour drive from the inner city of Yuma. The weather is glorious here, perfectly blue skies, and warm sunshine. It's a barren place though. Dry, arid and rocky earth. Amazing that anything at all could take root and sprout, but the cacti I've seen reach about seven feet tall, and the orange trees grow in abundance.

I took multiple photos today with the Canon but am unable to upload them onto my iPad, so no colourful proof of the day's events. :(

No comments: