Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween Madness.

Halloween has crept around again. There's been much ado from two girlies in our house about what to wear, and how to wear it. They've been planning, and putting on, and posing for weeks now. 

The final consensus deemed Number One would dress up like a Nerd. Left-over get-up recycled from an evening at Camp this summer. Nice to see she's being frugal, for a change. Number Two decided she'd go dressed as a Clown. An apt fit with her B-type personality.

Unfortunately we had to make a last-minute costume change. The Clown, suddenly stricken with a nasty stomach flu, was forced to become the Patient.



So she had to miss out on trick 'r treating this year, and instead sat with her puke bucket by the front door, watching all the costume-clad youngsters coming for their treats. She's such a good Patient, though.

The Nerd excitedly joined her neighbourhood friends for some local trick 'r treating.

 
She returned with a stash, and happily divied it all up to share with her fallen comrade.

 
I loved seeing the all the costume creativity this year. There definitely seemed to be more deviation from the ghastly and ghoulish to the cute and creative. Some of the variety showed at my own door, and some I viewed on Facebook. But I have to say that I think this one was by far the most entertaining for me this year.


It, let's just say... dethroned them all!

His costume was one I saw on Facebook. I think if he'd showed at my door, it definitely would have been the first time I'd be challenged to throw chocolate down the toilet!

No comments: