Monday, August 13, 2012

Resurrection of the Dormant Blog.

Somehow I blazed through July with a sole blog entry. And have seemingly made it half-way through August without even a hint of an update. Crazy. Bein' Summer and all, you'd think I'd have so much time on my hands that I'd be posting blogs every day. Ha.

Confessions. I've been sleeping in. Reading books. Basically lounging around and not feeling a single bit guilty about it.

Oh, and yeah, followed the Olympics too. Not that we rocked the world with our Medal Count or anything, but Canadians, you gotta love 'em, eh? That 4x100m disqualification was a total downer after seven minutes of fame. But I thought those Moose Men showed true team spirit despite their immense disappointment.

And bein' a born-and-reared Brit, I was also delighted your man Tom Daley won a medal. His story was touching. And he was cute too, you gotta admit.

On the homefront of buzzing activity, Miss Kay joined the double-digit clan on July 28th. Look at the difference ten years can make. Seems like just yesterday she looked like this.


She's still a little charmer with crazy hair, but has grown up into a sweet-natured and helpful little miss. Love her. And she makes me some proud. With her birthday falling on a Sunday this year, it meant that celebrations were limited. However we managed a small evening gathering with family and a few friends. And, of course... ice-cream cake.

We welcomed some Old Country visitors at the beginning of August. They spoiled us, filling our home with wonderful fellowship. And our fridge with Cadburys. We became tourists in our resident city for a few days as we "puttered about", taking in the sights and sounds. Good times.




August 6th was the first anniversary of Mom's passing. Hard to believe it's been a year already.


Still cherish those memories of the last few days I spent with her. Her submissive spirit to God's will. Her longing to meet her Saviour on the other side. But some days I wish I could pick up the phone and chat with her about all the things that I need to be asking her. She was my rock of counsel. Taught me so much from 5,000 miles away. Still miss her. So very much.

On August 7th we welcomed the newest Wilson grandbaby. Here's a couple of proud aunties.


Engelina Ann was born to Cam and Jess, stubbornly arriving after a rather long labour, and apparently shrieking her way into the world. Atta girl. You are destined to be one of us with your will and your vocals.

That's all for now, folks.

No comments: