Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lazy Lately.

Summer.

Staying up late. Sleeping in. I've embraced all the delightful laziness that I longed for during those last few crazy weeks of school.

And I'm lovin' it.

We've swam at the local outdoor pool. Strolled through the park. Rode our bikes. Soaked up the sun at the beach. Caught up with old friends. Welcomed home our much-loved Kyle and Ally, who have now temporarily left us for the searing temperatures of Moses Lake WA.

Other than that, the girls have been outside until dark, playing with their street friends. And I've sat, enjoying the warm summer breeze, visiting with my wonderful neighbours, and drinking iced coffee or hot tea, depending on the time of day.

No pictures to share, since my camera's been gathering dust on the shelf. Will wipe it off in the next day or two, and begin clicking again. Promise.

My new favorite beverage is Starbucks iced coffee with milk. They brew it good. Put a shot of something in it that adds to its deliciousness. My make-at-home version is a pretty close second favorite, but it's missing the sweetness. Must solve the mystery of the "something shot".

Summer. It's the best.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad you're having a great summer! I loved the Disney posts. I have wonderful memories of Disneyland!

I second your love of iced coffee. Have you ever tried adding Sweetened Condensed Milk? I haven't tried it yet, but thus saith The Pioneer Woman, and I tend to trust her sweetness instincts :)