Monday, January 17, 2011

Jet Lag.

Back home again. Flew across eight time zones in twelve hours, so for the last few days my body has been desperately trying to overcome the effects of the dreaded jetlag. Hopefully this morning is the last of waking up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 3:30am.

My trip was good. Good that my mom actually had some pleasant days during my visit. Good to chat with my dad. Good to spend time with my little sister. Good to see extended family and friends.

But being there with the family definitely made the reality of mom's situation sink in. To see her constantly resting, swallowing pill after pill and gingerly moving around, was certainly very different to what I had been accustomed to seeing on trips home before. A huge change that was difficult in many ways to accept.

Yet, for a few days, just being a part of her world again meant the world to me.

1 comment:

Janna said...

I'm glad your home safe... I'm sure you are pulled between two worlds... or I guess I mean 2 locations. Family on both ends. Praying for your mom, you and your family.