Friday, June 18, 2010

Baking Up A Storm.

I'm sitting here.. and the aroma of fresh baking is filling my kitchen. Went on a blitz tonight. Created some yummy treats that totally annihilate the healthy eating plans of the calorie-wise. This is the world of sugar and spice, and all things nice.

Lemony crunchy squares.

All the better to pucker up with, my dear.

Found this recipe in an old, old, book that came from the old country. Typewritten. So it has to be ancient. Anyways, I had vague memories of eating these squares as a child.... and they turned out every bit as delightful as I remember.

 


The red of the raspberry.

Raspberry Almond.
&
Raspberry Chocolate.

Divine and divine.


Apples and carmel.

This recipe was a bit of work putting together each layer. Peeling and slicing all those spartans was a messy job, and cookin' them down with the cinnamon seemed to take forever.

But then I had my first bite.










Puffed Wheat revisited.










Don't worry.
Only little bits and pieces were sampled by the on-site residents. A plateful was shared this morning with some folks who obviously aren't waist-line conscious. The rest is on it's way to the freezer.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Impressive! I'm so not a baker... I can't believe you did that all in one day/evening.... that's a years worth of baking for me! haha They look yummy... Enjoy! :)

Ramona said...

do you need my address? Love the blog, it's very pretty.