Monday, April 19, 2010

Amazing. Love.

Amazing Love. By Chris Tomlin. Do you know the song?

"I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken; I'm accepted, You were condemned..."

Forgiven. Forgiven of what? Forgiven of all my sin... redeemed, cleansed, justified, sanctified... saved from an eternity in hell. Why? Because the Lord Jesus was forsaken. Forsaken by God in those dark hours on the cross, to suffer for the full punishment of my sin.

Yet one of the most precious promises ever made to believers,

"I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5

Forsaken, but He has promised to NEVER FORSAKE me. Condemned for my sin, but by believing on Him, I am NOT CONDEMNED. (John 3:18).

I'm humbled. How can it be? That God would send His only Son to die for a sinner like me. Amazing Love.

What about you? Are you living in the daily enjoyment of this Amazing Love, knowing that your are sins forgiven?

No comments: